Make Money Forum Announcements

HELLO
* * * * * 1 votes

Gogaddy.com Shuts down Jotform.com - Time to move away from Godaddy?

godaddy.com godaddy shuts jotform move away from godaddy? sopa

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

Gogaddy.com Shuts down Jotform.com - Time to move away from Godaddy?

One of my customer support ladies contacted me today to explain that a form on one of our websites was not working anymore.

Now, we use Jotform.com for some website forms, and on further investigation, it seems that the 'secret service' in the USA had contact the registrar Godaddy.com to turn the website off.

Jotform.com hosts over 2 million forms, and many websites depend on their service.

The situation concluded with Godaddy, without even a court order from the Secret Service, deciding just to turn off the Jotform website.

What-a-Joke

I think it fair to say, that if your domain name is with Godaddy.com, then you definitely have to think twice about it's security!!

I also suspect after this episode, that very many businesses will be moving their core domains to another registrar.

Looks like the Big Brother syndrome (SOPA) has already started in the USA.

#2 Starchaser Katie

Starchaser Katie

• Moderators
  • 175 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

Wow, that does not look good at all.  How can they just shut down a website without the legal requirements.
http://www.makemoneyforum.com - Forum Moderator

#3 OneGoodMan

OneGoodMan

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:37 AM

I still don't understand based on what they can do so. Jotform is still running, and from what i see, these guys are not providing any illegal service.

Websites should sue GoDaddy for forcing sites to shutdown the service at no legal basis

Looking for Highest rebates on your online purchases ? Panda Cash Back

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users