5 replies to this topic

#1 Hey Sal

Hey Sal

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:31 AM

Yikes -- be careful of these services - especially if they are offering mega links for low prices.

I actually tried one of these things once.  It was a few years back when people were just starting to get on the mass blog linking bandwagon. Okay - the marketer was someone I knew from around the net and I presumed legitimate from the company he kept.  So I tried out a sale offer he had going.  Holy cow.  I got the links he promised.  The text that was in those links was not bot-like spam, but it was way too general for the average webmaster to approve of.  The comments (links) were also posted on sites that I could not figure out any relevancy to mine.

Long story short - I got blacklisted from a whole lot of servers.  Not sure if I still am or not as I am refurbishing the site right now and never really checked back.  But what a shocker to see that I paid good money to get trashed like that.  If you are going to pay for links, use an individual who you can trust to post them in relevant locations and to make comments that don't leave you (the representative of your business) looking like a moron, or worse, a desperate spammer.

#2 Growler

Growler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:33 AM

Ouch. Was it actually Google who blacklisted you?

#3 OneGoodMan

OneGoodMan

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:30 AM

People have the wrong impression : the more is the better.

Well, it is not. I know many people when they started in SEO, google hosted in them in his sandbox.

When it comes to blackhat methods, more means always worse.

I do most of my SEO white hat by myself, it consume time, but gets guarranteed results

Looking for Highest rebates on your online purchases ? Panda Cash Back

#4 Hey Sal

Hey Sal

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:25 AM

No google didn't get me but several servers showed me blacklisted.  I looked up some of what was posted and I can see why.  I actually sent a few apologies.

More is definitely not better -- useful and relevant is better.  We get jacked offline sometimes because we aren't face to face with anyone and we lose sight of the fact that every link that is posted is read by a potential customer.  If you look like an idiot or spammer in any post anywhere - it's not a GOOD thing -- and if there is a "more" to deal with it's really a disaster.  Had I not known the person with the service, I'd not have spent money on it.  I trusted that he would be more careful than that.  The service was going for quantity, though and quality just went to hell.

#5 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:01 PM

I definitely agree with Sal, Here, you have to be extremely careful who, and where your website is linking to.

There are far too many websites out there, who could not care less what happens to the links or your website, once you have paid them.

I have seen services offering to submit 20/30,000 links for you inside 7 days, for something like $49.

Avoid them, if you value your business, or website. It will probably come back to bite you on the rear.

#6 Paul

Paul

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:36 PM

I was about to buy something similar..i think that now i'll keep my money.

Thanks !

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users