#1 OneGoodMan

OneGoodMan

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:22 AM

I am considering to start a webhosting business. What i will do is to buy a reseller account from a company and start selling my hosting services to other websites (shared hosting).

I know a good company to get re-seller account from

I am aware many people in this business, I just not sure how profitable it is.

I like to hear your thought and suggestion , is it still profitable business, and what earning expectation for this business today.

Looking for Highest rebates on your online purchases ? Panda Cash Back

#2 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:37 AM

I have run a webhosting company, and yes, although it can be profitable, you need to definitely get the basics right.

Also make sure that it is a managed reseller account, and that backups are provided, because the last thing you need is 1000 accounts getting hacked into, and you not knowing what to do, so make sure everything is there, or you could easily end up chasing your tail for a very small profit.

Instead of just offering 'off-the-shelf- hosting, you should find something unique about your service, otherwise you will be competing with tens of thousands of others all offering the same packages.

#3 OneGoodMan

OneGoodMan

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:05 AM

Thanks admin,

Doesn't the web hosting where I am buying the reseller service from is providing both support and security ?

I am thinking of reselling service as kind of affiate work. I can sell ready websites on cheap cost and provide free hosting for few months.

Many of the providers in this service, seems to do the same.

#4 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:30 AM

View PostOneGoodMan, on 22 February 2012 - 01:05 AM, said:

Doesn't the web hosting where I am buying the reseller service from is providing both support and security ?

This really depends on the packages and the software you use for what you sell. If just using ftp accounts for sale, and if your customers get hacked, then it is usually your responsibility. It really depends on the reseller package, just make sure, that whatever you decide that the accounts are backed up. Customers usually expect this, and it will save them chasing you for damages should anything happen to their websites.

#5 OneGoodMan

OneGoodMan

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:13 AM

Thanks admin,

it sounds more of more work than it should be lol.

I am trying to establish new business, and I thought reselling web hosting services is a good idea, will keep looking for something more of automated.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users