21 replies to this topic

#1 Marketer Man

Marketer Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

As a marketer, I am wondering just what other people's views are on the Warrior forum, are they a scam? because the amount of people on their site is frightening. I have been looking those wso's they offer, loads of them every day, for making money offers, and I have also read elsewhere that the warrior forum is just a scam site, created by a marketing group, ripping off people.

I cannot get a definite answer to this, but there is a lot of websites saying stay away from them, and most of the owners of these warning sites are ex members of warriorforum.

I purchased one wso from the warrior forum a few months back, and to be honest it was rubbish, but it was only $7 so didn't complain, but does make one wonder how many people do not complain about the poor products they receive.

#2 Marketer Man

Marketer Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

Just wanted to add to that, that if you do actually purchase any wso's from the warrior forum, then you will also get spammed to high heaven.

#3 Hey Sal

Hey Sal

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

The Warrior forum is not a scam.  There are a huge amount of people on there because it is a great community.  Unfortunately - that alone draws scam artists.  I've been on that forum for 7 years now and watch the scammers come and go.  Once you are known as a scammer, word gets out and nobody puts up with you.  You think the member numbers are high - you should see how many spammers get banned, how many scammers have had their WSOs removed.  In a forum that large, the mods really have to work hard to keep it clean.  There are a lot of WSOs that are just no good.  Not all of the people that put out lame WSOs are scammers.  Some are just people trying to be in business that aren't really smart or educated enough to be there,  If a WSO is proven to be a scam, the staff will remove it.  They can't legally jerk a product off that someone paid to advertise, though, just because it's not a great product.

If you do your due diligence when thinking of buying a WSO, you will find a lot of very good ones there.  Look up the owner's post history - read their posts.  Are they intelligent and helpful?  Are they respected?  Have they been there awhile or did they just join up to post WSOs? (even that's no guarantee it's a bad product).

If you are really worried about WSOs - don't buy one.  There's major amounts of good information in the forums - and if you buy the lifetime membership, the War Room has more really good information and products for free than you will ever have time to consume.

What makes the Warrior forum great is the sense of community the members have built over the years.  Many have met in person, and others have just gotten to know each other from talking with each other or watching their posts over the years.

This forum can become what that forum is -- all it takes is members who care about each other and want to help - people who will share solid information with each other, as well as some laughs and just off the topic interests - people who join in to chase out scammers and welcome the innocent newbie who needs direction.  

Just remember - no place you go with a lot people, online or off, is going to be scammer free.  You will find them here.  I have reported many spammers in just a few short weeks.   That's why it is important to help people learn what the scams look like and to understand they need to really do their due diligence when purchasing anything online - ANYWHERE.

#4 CaseyBell

CaseyBell

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

Found this through the search engines as i am also disheaterned with warriorforum, and i do believe it to be a scam. i got my account banned after telling the seller his product did not work and now i cannot even log into the website, says banned. i want my monies back but i know i have no chance.

scam

Edited by CaseyBell, 21 February 2012 - 06:35 PM.

#5 Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Forum Staff and Research

• Moderators
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

Thank you for your input on this Sal, as it is always best to hear from both sides, satisfied and unsatisfied members.

We have been involved in marketing for a long time, and were also involved on the Warrior Forum before all the big changes came a few years ago.

Did you know the following about the Warrior Forum:

1) You are not allowed to make complaints against WSO's, and that complaints have to be taken away from the forum and dealt with just the seller. This is to make sure that the WSO sellers make as much money as possible, which in turn increases the chances of the WSO seller promoting again on the Warrior Forum.

2) That WSO sellers can pay a fee of around $40 to bump their selling thread back to the top of the pile?

3) When posts are added to the Warrior forum it does not bump the thread? This has been directly manipulated by the Warrior forum owners, and script writers.

The traffic the Warrior Forum receives is almost all because of the WSO's that are on offer. That forum was never that busy a few years ago, before all the changes. The WSO's are designed to extract as much money as possible from viewers and in turn to the seller, so that they have the incentive to create more WSO's, and pay more money into the coffers of the owners of Warrior Forum.

It may not be a direct scam, although MANY experienced marketers will not touch that place any more, for fear of their reputation being tarnished, but the forum as far as revenue-generation is concerned is MOST DEFINITELY manipulated for gain....without the newbies knowing.
http://www.makemoneyforum.com - Forum Moderator

#6 CaseyBell

CaseyBell

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:17 PM

i also tried sending message to forum moderator and did not get replies from anywhere, so lost my money on something that did not on warrior. i cannot say i will not buy again from there, because i cannot away as no account now.

any other way to get my monies back, as paypal would not refund me?

#7 Paul

Paul

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:38 PM

Sometimes i go there, i've found some useful post and helpful people but i don't think to buy anything from there..

#8 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:17 PM

I personally think, that there is more going on with the WarriorForum.com than meets the untrained eye.

Scam? Strong word, but there is a gravy-train there that the owners are going to protect. Think about it. If you owned the Warrior Forum, would you allow negative content to get posted, which in turn could stop more WSO owners starting new threads, and paying their $40's?

They have a unique marketing system there, and it should be more transparent, because new buyers are buying into WSO's thinking, and believing the hype created by 'buddy-buddy' WSO sellers, who shamelessly back each other up. It is embarrassing to see.

It is blatant that they back each other up, and also blatant that the buyer has no where to go when things go wrong.

Sure, there may be some good information on the Warrior Forum, BUT, and a big but, that is not what interests the owners, not when they are raking in 7 figures a year in WSO payments from sellers.

#9 Hey Sal

Hey Sal

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:08 PM

View PostForum Staff, on 21 February 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

Thank you for your input on this Sal, as it is always best to hear from both sides, satisfied and unsatisfied members.

We have been involved in marketing for a long time, and were also involved on the Warrior Forum before all the big changes came a few years ago.

Did you know the following about the Warrior Forum:

1) You are not allowed to make complaints against WSO's, and that complaints have to be taken away from the forum and dealt with just the seller. This is to make sure that the WSO sellers make as much money as possible, which in turn increases the chances of the WSO seller promoting again on the Warrior Forum.

2) That WSO sellers can pay a fee of around $40 to bump their selling thread back to the top of the pile?

3) When posts are added to the Warrior forum it does not bump the thread? This has been directly manipulated by the Warrior forum owners, and script writers.

The traffic the Warrior Forum receives is almost all because of the WSO's that are on offer. That forum was never that busy a few years ago, before all the changes. The WSO's are designed to extract as much money as possible from viewers and in turn to the seller, so that they have the incentive to create more WSO's, and pay more money into the coffers of the owners of Warrior Forum.

It may not be a direct scam, although MANY experienced marketers will not touch that place any more, for fear of their reputation being tarnished, but the forum as far as revenue-generation is concerned is MOST DEFINITELY manipulated for gain....without the newbies knowing.

You need to  understand something.  The WSO forum is paid advertising.  Nothing more and nothing less.  The only rules they have for a paid user to post a product is that it is their OWN product and that you are offering a deal on it that can't be gotten elsewhere.  They cannot make discrimination against a product that meets those qualifications or they could get sued pretty royally - THAT would be illegal discrimination since members have to be paid members to post the ads.  

Next understand that because all the WSO forum actually is, is paid advertising - you are not dealing with Allen and his mods when purchasing - you are dealing with the vendor - just as you sold an affiliate product on your own website and something went wrong.

Third - it is absolutely not true that you can't post in a WSO if you are having a bad experience.  You can state what your experience is, you can not make a personal attack against the seller.  That is also a legality that the mods have to respect.  You want to start allowing people to get slammed by someone on your website - and right or wrong, it can get you sued.  There are ways to post in respect to slander/defamation that are legal  - and ways that aren't.  If what you post defies legality - your post will be removed, as it would from the website from any webmaster with some scruples.  

That said.  What's Allen going to do about getting your money back?  If you read the rules - they say to do a bit of due diligence before dealing with a vendor there, because Allen and the mods are NOT involved - they are only a third party selling advertising space.  Allen doesn't get a cent for that WSO you bought - -exactly how is he going to procure you a refund if you aren't happy about the purchase.

I've been on that forum for many years -- and one thing I CAN tell you for a fact is that when people are caught scamming, and the WF has enough proof to legally do so, they will completely ban the seller from the forum.   Also  - if YOU get banned from the WF for disputing a product, you are either attacking the seller or other members personally instead of keeping things in a business tone - or you are running around the forums attacking people personally -- either will get you banned.

All this brings up another point that needs to be made for you folks just getting into business out there...............

How do you build a business if you don't know anything about what the laws are in the areas you are planning to do business in.  I just read a lot of stuff about the WF that people are ditching..........yet most of what I just read is completely without understanding of business laws.

I see the same thing continually with people who don't know that snagging a trademark or posting copyrighted material is wrong and can get them in hot water.  If you are going to post material that isn't yours, it seems that if you think you are smart enough to be in business, you'd be smart enough to know that you need to find out what the laws are BEFORE you do something instead of coming around crying about "poor me - look what they did to me" after the fact.

There's too many people trying to build businesses online with the idea that everything is just social and they want businesses to behave as just a social group.   Sorry - you need to be realistic.  There is something called business law, and while you are online - particularly if you are running a business or website, you better know what you are doing.    This misconception that people are just being mean to you online if they don't help you solve problems you built for yourself making a bad purchase is one of the reasons so many fail online - they have no clue what business laws involve and run around making stupid moves and expect everyone to act like it's all a social club.  It's not. It never will be.

#10 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:41 PM

View PostHey Sal, on 27 February 2012 - 08:08 PM, said:

That said.  What's Allen going to do about getting your money back?  If you read the rules - they say to do a bit of due diligence before dealing with a vendor there, because Allen and the mods are NOT involved - they are only a third party selling advertising space.  Allen doesn't get a cent for that WSO you bought - -exactly how is he going to procure you a refund if you aren't happy about the purchase.

Sally, Let's just be straight here, before you think you are talking to somebody who is new in business. My businesses turn over 7 figures a year, all online and we have also been members of most marketing forums for years, amd have been selling online for over 10 years; so when you ask "what is Allen going to do to get my money back", I think you are missing point entirely, those sellers over there are so far up each others backsides when launching WSO's that it is frightening for a newbie to try and filter ANYTHING what is going on.

Come on, Sal, you know what they do, they contact each other "hey, we are launching this, please back us up with the reviews like we back you up, whether you have bought or not".

It is blatant fraud, no matter how you dress it up. So if such tactics are happening, how do you expect prospective buyers to do their 'due diligence'? They WILL read reviews, and WILL buy based on that.

As for Allen not getting a cent for the WSO? Sorry? WSO sellers pay to launch a WSO, to Allen,  all paid for, and the seller also pays to 'bump' their thread back to the top to make the 'WSO' look popular. You don't think Allen is doing this all out of altruism do you? They are making millions out of the Warrior forum, and it is based around the tactics mentioned above.

Please do not pretend that the Warrior Forum is transparent, Sal. It is far from it.

Scam is a strong word, so I will not use it, but do I feel it is in the interests of newbies, the Warrior Forum? Absolutely not. They are being taken for a ride, systematically, every single day.

#11 Hey Sal

Hey Sal

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

Oh yeah - I understand what you are saying -- and Allen is making a fortune from the WSO section. I have a hard time finding anything wrong with that.  Do you charge for services?  Is it wrong to make money from them?   I'm just saying that they make every attempt to keep things within limits as possible.   There are people that actually go into the WSO forum and post bad comments on anything that they find to be in competition with them.  They get banned if they don't watch out.

The WF isn't the only place newbies get scammed.  They get scammed everywhere they go. Partly it is their own fault.  Make a mil overnight with no work involved?  Come on, now.  It only takes a little bit of lucid thinking to realize that if it were that easy that everyone would be online and everyone would be rich.  When someone can be duped by outrageous claims, whose fault is that?   When someone buys something that doesn't really tell enough about what it is for them to know if it's going to do them any good or not - is that the sellers fault?  What is the sellers fault is refusing refunds if someone buys and finds the product to be unsatisfactory.  It's the seller's fault if the product is substandard or the sales copy is misleading.  Unfortunately - and you know this as well as anyone -- there are a lot of sellers that aren't smart enough to even know that their product is a loser.  They have no clue what they are doing and don't always realize that latest product of theirs isn't all that hot.  Of course - there are scammers, too.  You can't get away from con artists online or off line.  There are just a lot of people that will rob others blind to advance their own lifestyle.

But Newbies should be expected to be able to use a bit of discretion.  If the claim is outrageous - it's probably a scam.  You aren't going to make tons of money overnight -- unless preceded by one hella work.  Period.

As far as reviews.........who is going to use a review that says the product stinks?  Many reviews are paid for.  It's absolutely useless to base a purchase on reviews.  What does help is that member statistics are right there in front of you.  You can look up the sellers posts and see what kind of person it is selling that product.  You can see a bit about how seriously other long-term members take that person or how they operate their business.  You can even see that some of them post in the "Warriors looking to hire you" section looking for paid product reviewers.  You can find out all sorts of things from looking at a person's posts.  Some of them reveal exactly how clueless a person is.  You can also do a google search for them.  

Nothing is foolproof - but there are a lot of ways a person can protect themselves when purchasing.  I'm quite sure that there's probably nobody out there that hasn't bought a physical product at a brick and mortar store that they found to be sheer crap either.  There are no guarantees, but you have to temper purchases with a bit of logical though rather than pure greed.  Those that fall for wild earning claims are letting greed lead them instead of logic.

As far as those making the outrageous claims?  They need to watch out because the FTC is cracking down on that and it isn't a fact that if you aren't in the US they can't do anything to you.  If you are selling to Americans, you can get nabbed for making false claims.

As far as Allen and the WF?  I think the WSO forum goes too far sometimes, too.  I do, though, see negative comments on some WSOs - but they are respectfully worded.  As soon as the complaint goes personal, it is deleted.  If a product gets only one complaint at the help desk, they aren't going to shut it down, but if complaints start piling up, they will.  If it's found to be an actually fraudulent product, they will ban the member completely.   Allen has a legal team and acts according to their advice.  What is legal sometimes seems pretty insane, but if I had a legal team watching what goes on in my business - I'd operate in accordance to what they say, too.

There are a lot of cliques on the WF - but that will happen anywhere you get a large population in which some people get to know others well.  That's just sociology.  Members of cliques are always  supportive of other members of their own clique.  I don't think there's anything you can do to avoid that.  Not on the WF - not on this one - or any other. You can't fight human tendencies.

As far as transparency?  Yes, there's a lot that goes on in the background.  But what about everyone else's business online?  Do you mean to tell me that everyone knows every contact, every partner, and every bit of networking done in your business?  I won't believe you if you say they do.

As far as the WSO forum - the best way to think of it is that you are shopping at Walmart when you go to the WSO forum. Not all discount items are going to be that great.  If you have an experience such as someone grabbing your email for spam, if you have purchased, that is actually legal -- unless there is no way for you to unsubscribe to those mailings.  Little legal facts like that can make shopping at a place like the WSO forum a real PITA.   So - all you can really say about it is for people to be very careful.  If anyone reads the threads in the WF about that place, they know to watch what they are doing when they go in there.

On the other hand -- if a newbie wants to spend money learning -- there is the War room where they can get tons of products for free that can teach them anything they need to know.  Some of those products are also better than others, but they are free, so they aren't losing money when they shop for their needs in the War room instead of the WSO forum.   The products in the War Room are more well monitored than those in the WSO forum also - because they actually represent the forum.  The War Room isn't just an advertising board.

You are NOT going to prevent scammers (yes a strong word, but appropriate at times) completely, no matter where you go.  And there will always be consumers that get taken to the cleaners by them no matter where they shop.  Conversely - there are always people that will do quite well in the same places.  I learned everything I know about the Internet on the WF - and was only scammed once (for $10) and it was my own fault because I failed to find out a few important facts I should have known before I purchased.  I have spent relatively nothing to learn what I have learned.  I do feel bad for people that get scammed to a point - but when I look at some of the crap they buy that they are crying about, I lose my empathy real fast.

Perhaps admin here has better answers and will have better legal council to turn to when issues arise. Perhaps admin will be better at teaching newbies what to avoid and how to make better choices.  Over the 7 years I have been at the WF I have seen thread after thread of great advice for newbies, but it seems they don't always take much heed of what they are being told.  I hope you have better results.

#12 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:54 AM

Thanks for your reply, Sal. Nicely worded.

It is clear that you have a loyalty to the WF, and that may be because you are more diligent than most, and can filter the nonsense from the truth, and judging from your posts, you clearly are, as am I.

Allen can make as much money as he likes - fantastic, he has obviously found the USP that is unique, and manufactured a situation whereby his forum is known as the marketing venue 'to be seen at'. No problem, I congratulate him on doing so.

The rest of the forum, great. The WSO part, not so great. Sure, we all expect newbies to do their due diligence, and not get sucked in, BUT, the fact is, and you know this as much as I do, that where money is concerned logic goes clean out of the proverbial double-glazed window. It is a HIGHLY emotional purchase; when reading into a product or service that concerns financial security, and thus defenses also go out of that same proverbial piece of glass.

It is surprising that the FTC have not already investigated what is going on there, just like they have with ClickBank, which is a very similar situation, with JV partners 'bigging up' absolute garbage. Hey, I even seen one widely advertised ClickBank product recently, that was being sold as the saviour to all financial insecurities, "gold-plated-guarantees-of-riches". Then, deep in the midst of the footer, was a tiny disclaimer, stating "99.999% of all participants of this program will not make money". Truthfully, I could not believe what I was reading. And every marketer in the land was promoting this junk.

I must admit, even myself, being experienced, and I class myself as an SEO professional, having proven it in my own businesses for years, and with Blue-Chip clients around the world, I still buy little bits of information, just to see what is happening, and have myself purchased WSO's, probably around 40-50 over the years, all of them useless, and packaged in such a way, that the information 'did' actually tie in with the advertising. No problem for me, I knew there would be little in them before buying, but still bought them in case I could put a twist on any of the smallest amounts of information, being a marketer.

These WSO sellers are extremely intelligent (most of them), and they are clinical marketers, yes, just the same as me, and my group of marketing experts. Actually, if I told you the names of some of my close associates in the marketing field, you would know them by name immediately, as the top marketers in the field of online business generation, and we have all discussed this situation, and all agreed that the WF is slightly unique, in the fact that blatant mistruths are being told for profitable gain, albeit fascinating to watch and observe the situation unfold; especially the business model of threads not rising automatically, unless paid for.  That is a unique bit of scripting, and manipulation that has to be applauded (from a revenue-stream point of view).

Those 'paid-for' reviews are fraud, pure and simple. Here in the UK, if you make claims on a website, that cannot be backed up, including testimonials (and those WF reviews are testimonials), then you are investigated, and brought to book.

In conclusion, yes, the rest of the WF has some beneficial information. The WSO section? Newbies looking to make money, should, in my opinion, stay WELL CLEAR. It is not just advertising, but blatant lying going on there, that is designed, 100%, to take money out of the paypal accounts, of people who do not know better. Yes, you cannot protect the newbies from themselves, they are responsible adults; but when so-called respected posters are being PAID to make false reviews, which wrongly contribute to the buying decision, that is something very different. Fraud. It has to be.

Again, sure, Google searches, due diligence, etc. etc. It can all be done, but as I stated earlier, when dealing with 'money-motivated' products and services, the emotions are (and marketers, including myself know this, and use this) immediately heightened, where common logic goes out of the window.

Let me put it another way. If WSO sellers paid Allen to submit their WSO's, with none of this false reviewing, but just left the thread to be UN-manipulated, then no problem at all. Unfortunately, it is very much the opposite. But you also know that, Sal.

It is more than feasible that as this forum grows, we could also integrate a special offer section, but we definitely would not tolerate paid for 'shill reviewing'. Even eBay see that as illegal, and legal action has been taken against sellers using such tactics.

You are actually a very intriguing lady, you know, Sal. A traveling marketer  :)

#13 Hey Sal

Hey Sal

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

I agree that there's a lot of trash on the WSO forum. No problem with that one. Frankly, a lot of people who get online just plain aren't smart enough to make a good product. They read other products then just rehash them.  You don't find anything new because the product creator doesn't KNOW anything new.  That is a problem, but not necessarily a scam as long as there's no copyright fraud involved.  Of course, a forum owner can't ban someone because they do shoddy work, LOL.

As far as money making claims?  I believe that is going away since the new FTC rules are going to change legalities of that game plan.  Lies in advertising were always illegal - but now there will be so much involved in making even claims that can be well substantiated, that we probably won't see many income claims any more.  I have mixed feelings about those anyway.  It kind of irks me that people feel their are ready to build and run their own businesses when they are so naive that they will believe a wild claim stating it's "guaranteed you can make XXXXX amount" - come on folks. Really.  Use your heads. Is it really that easy and if it is, why are so many people failing?  How do so many fail at no work or knowledge involved if it's all true?   I guess I'm just not compassionate to feel for the person that gets suckered by that bet.

As far as claims that go "How I made XXXX" - as long as they did so, there's nothing wrong with that claim.  For someone to think that just because someone else made that much they will too is just nonsensical thinking as well.  Some people have blogs that pull incredible amounts of money - others can put up a blog and style it the same way and make zilch.  Truth be told?  You need personality that draws the crowd, and you need a lot of knowledge about your niche.  You just don't put up a word press and make money just because someone else did.

The truth is "no knowledge or experience" necessary is the biggest lie ever told about business either off or online. For a newbie with absolutely no business background at all to start buying products as soon as they hit a place is just lunacy.  They need to read enough to at least have a general idea of what is going on in Marketing before starting to purchase products.  They need to think about what types of businesses they would have fun being in and are knowledgeable about instead of just grabbing at brass rings.  I've seen people who can't write any better than grade school levels get upset over products that deal with tips for marketing articles.  Really?  You can't write, but you are going to call a product dirt because it didn't make you any money? go figure.

I've gotten some really good products from the WSO forum.  Maybe that's because of experience - but how did I get that experience?  The first clue is that I didn't get onto a forum and start buying anything that was shiny before I understood a little about marketing online.  I already knew what types of information and products would be helpful for me.   Twice I got products that I just refunding thinking "good grief. They thought that was a product?"  Once I actually could have considered myself scammed because the service actually hurt my business.  So why didn't I think I was scammed?  Because the person delivered exactly what they said they would.  Unfortunately - the automated process wasn't the way to go - I got lazy and wanted automated instead of putting in the work I should have or outsourcing to someone who would have done the task manually.  My bad. Oops. If I want to stay in business, it's my problem to understand where automation is good and saves time and where it can hurt my efforts.

So yeah - there's scams, and they get removed once someone can prove they are scams, but until several people blow a whistle and scam claims can be verified, those scams are going to be there.  Income claims will go away or the claimants are going to have a very rude awakening. There's lousy products - there's also good products that are lousy for our own businesses but great for someone else's.

All in all it comes down to a fact that it's almost impossible to police all products advertised.  It's also a fact that adults don't get free babysitters who will watch everything they do and tell them when they are going to make a mistake. We have to use a lot of judgement when building businesses.  IF we don't have it - we need to get the education we need first.

I think the best thing we can do for newbies anywhere (yeah they are getting jerked around all over the net, not just on the WF) is to continually stress that the only difference between business online and offline is the overhead.  There are no magic buttons.  There is no business that requires no knowledge or work - not a legal one anyway.

I was online only 1 week when I found the WF.  I have never purchased a product or joined a program that has made income claims - or claims about "anyone can do it" or "no work involved (in your undies)".   It's not realistic thinking, and I just don't feel bad for people with a problem thinking realistically.   As long as there are refund policies that are adhered to - and a product will get banned if it says "refunds" and doesn't deliver those - and the person uses some common sense when purchasing, there really should not be a problem other than a stupid marketer making us sick to our stomachs when we see an income claim.  Maybe they aren't selling their products too well if they are that dumb.  They might be making nothing and sitting back and wondering why they aren't selling their stuff.  Maybe if they are reading this thread they will figure it out.

#14 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:51 PM

Thanks, Sal.

Yeah, I guess we could go around in circles trying to explain the online pitfalls, but we would never cover every angle.

And with the internet growing, and the size it WILL grow to, it is a frightening prospect, on how the newbies will be presented with all the undesirable promos out there.

We can only try though,

I have enjoyed the debate on this subject (thumbs up - we must really try and get a thumbs up smiley sorted out).

#15 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:50 AM

Another point proven from the Warrior Forum today.

I asked a simple question about the obvious flaws on SEO LINK MONSTER, and that I would be cancelling a subscription until these same obvious flaws are ironed out.

Guess what... My post gets deleted by a moderator, just to make sure the thread stays positive.

Hmmmmm!

#16 Guest_Denise_*

Guest_Denise_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

As a complete newb to affiliate marketing, I have to say I have been sucked into the WSO frenzy.  I've probably bought 20 of them in the last couple of months just trying to put the pieces together.

I must admit that I bought into the fantastic testimonials on the products.  I definitely tried to do my due diligence, watching the forum for a few days, trying to ascertain whether others had a positive experience.  But as a newbie and curious, driven person determined to make money online, I was easy pickings for some of the less than honorable advertisers on the warrior forum.

That being said, I've had some good experiences, also, and will continue to strive to learn (and act) to become successful in this industry.

I have a question for the two of you, if you don't mind.  How do you suggest a new person become skilled enough to make money online?

#17 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

Hi Denise,

Thanks for letting us know. It does just show you that newbies are becoming very easy pickings for the fraud of fake reviews that is happening on the Warrior Forum.

How does a new person become skilled enough to make money online?  My answer would be to frequent to RIGHT forums. We have run forums for years, and we have also run businesses online that have turned millions, so the team on this forum DO know what they are talking about.

Have a read here:

http://www.makemoney...ng-Money-Forum/

#18 Starchaser Katie

Starchaser Katie

• Moderators
  • 175 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

If you do a quick search on Google, then you are quickly informaed about very many people who have had problems that Denise mentions above. No website is perfect, but transparency should always be important, surely?!
http://www.makemoneyforum.com - Forum Moderator

#19 MarkNet

MarkNet

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

I have purchased a number of WSO's over the past year and a half and rarely do the offers live up to the hype, but some provided incredible value.

It's certainly true that many of the WSO sellers are all work together to help promote each others offers.

I watch the emails I get from the sellers of previous WSO's that I've pruchased, and when a new product comes out, they all scramble to "win the bonus prizes" that are offered to them as JV partners for bringing in the most sales. Many don't even take the time to actually review the product they are promoting and just give their link to the WSO thread and and the words -     Hurry! Go Now! Oh, and here's all my bonuses for buying through my link . . .   LOL

As was already mentioned, you will also see them touting each others WSO threads on the Warrior Forum pretending to be satisfied customers. I would image these are all people that received a free "review" copy of the product in exchange for their favorable opinion, but I can't state that as fact, just my honest opinion.

I'm in the process of investigating a suspected WSO scammer at the moment - that's how I found this forum. I recently purchased a software product that was pure garbage - it came with a 30 day money back guarantee, but it appears that the guarantee carries as much value as the crummy software. I'll create a new post in the proper thread to discuss my findings.

Let the buyer beware - as true today as it ever was   :-)

It's great to have forums such as this one where we can openly discuss other forums (such as the Warrior Forum) without fear of reprisals.  

Mark

#20 MarkNet

MarkNet

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

I received this email today in my Inbox and it really helps to drive home some of the conversation in this thread about WSO's.

I've removed any links from the message, but will share the rest of it with you.
I am not including the marketers name for obvious reasons . . . LOL

=  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =

It is around 1 hour to go now before the Simple Video Pro launch. Did you see the video? If not you can see the video here:
affiliate link to SimpleVideoPro was here

You are going to get hammered with emails for this launch, because:
1. It is a fantastic product (actually that doesn't matter for most affiliates)
2. There is a big affiliate contest going on.
3. One of the guys releasing it is the owner of WSOTD (or W+, Mr. Mike Lantz). If you have ever brought anything from the WF you are probably very familiar with his daily emails. Don't let that put you off. Some are saying that they are going to promote because they want to give something back to Mike. Ignore the rubbish and look at the product to see if it is what you actually want.

RANDOM RANT (WARNING: Skip this part if you don't like to waste time reading random dribble)

Wherever you click a link from to get there you are giving someone an affiliate commision, so why not give it to me? :) Do, you really want to give it to one of those schmucks who lie to you all the time? (Well, I like me better, so I might be a little biased)

Now, let's get real again, why do people offer a bonus? To help you in finding your way in making the product profitable? No way Hosea! It is almost always because there is a big affiliate contest that they want to win. Have you ever noticed how sometimes people will keep emailing about the same product. Probably because they are near the top of the affiliate contest and want to win. Hey, I like to tell it how it is. It does not win me many friends in the IM community, but who really wants friends like that?

=  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =

After that was this marketers list of bonuses -

Anyway, just thought I'd share a real-world example of the WSO launch "win-the-bonus-money" process    ;-)

Mark

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users