#1 CaseyBell

CaseyBell

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

is there a list for scams working from home so we do not get caught out. that would be a very good idea I think. that way we know who not to use.

#2 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:30 PM

Casey, the word scam is very much a personal interpretation, depending on your experience with a particular provider. This is why we don't exactly give a definite list, because there could always be a difference of opinion, or debate.

This is the reason forums such as this exist, so members who have experience of such websites, and work from home schemes can discuss their views, and hopefully help the community as a whole.

Are there any companies you have used yourself, that you would like to make points about? That is the real question, as such debates help everybody.

#3 Hawari

Hawari

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

I agree

#4 Izzonet

Izzonet

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

in my opinion, it's hard to do a list for scams working from home, but it will be useful if people will share bad experiences with such companies.

#5 Starchaser Katie

Starchaser Katie

• Moderators
  • 175 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

View PostIzzonet, on 18 April 2012 - 06:43 PM, said:

in my opinion, it's hard to do a list for scams working from home, but it will be useful if people will share bad experiences with such companies.

I agree with this, Izzonet. The experiences of actual users are very important in such cases. This did not happen before the internet and companies could get away with anything. Now forums, blogs and other sites can help to stop something before it starts.

Katie x
http://www.makemoneyforum.com - Forum Moderator

#6 BigManWalking

BigManWalking

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSan Marcos, CA

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:57 PM

I definitely agree that personal experience makes a difference on whether something is a scam or not.
Some people think that all network marketing is a scam and yet there are many people who have made millions with different companies and today there is a sea of people who make 40K-50K a year in network marketing or multi-level marketing.

Much of what people call scams is because they are ignorant of all the different work that they have to do in order to succeed at a higher level.

I don't consider myself a chef, but I can put together a greek salad  that people rave about.  If I had to put together an entire Thanksgiving by myself I might be able to do it, but would probably need help.

There's no way with my current level of knowledge that I could prepare the kinds of meals that chefs like Anthony Bourdain or Wolfgang Puck think are awesome.

There's a lot to learn in network marketing and online marketing and other businesses that people don't take the time to learn.  OR, they simply don't have the right people teaching them.

I just started with a couple online mentors and I am sure that there are people saying that they are scammers.  One of them has made NINE MILLION DOLLARS, so give me a break.

Some of this work is learning all the different aspects.

If it were a recipe it might have 500 ingredients.  

That doesn't make it a scam.

That makes it work.

That being said, I do understand that some things are scams or simply people engaging in unethical behavior.

I bought one product last week that I haven't received.  I don't actually think it's a scam.  I think it's bad customer service.

90% of the information and lessons I've purchased recently I have been very happy with.

Some of it I'm ecstatic about and I need to get back to that learning right now and stay off this addictive forum for a little while!

C

A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds.

Mark Twain
Charlie Hicks-Moore
Do What You Truly Want To Do In Life!
1 of my blogs 4YOU - http://ow.ly/aZquc

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users